|Brand||ARK Therapeutic US|
- As an oral fidget for sensory seekers craving stimulation and proprioceptive input
- As a safe alternative to chewing on hands, knuckles, shirts, pencils, etc.
- As an alternative to tooth-grinding and/or thumb-sucking
- To exercise the lips, tongue, cheeks, and especially the jaw
- To allow the mouth to learn and grow strong through oral exploration
- To practice biting/chewing without the risk of choking
- To build oral strength, mobility, and control
~ A safe outlet for anyone who needs to chew
~ Also a staple oral motor / feeding therapy tool for working on jaw strength, biting & chewing skills, and more
~ Loop makes it easy to hold
~ Long extension makes it easy to reach the back molars
~ Available in 3 color-coded toughness levels (Soft, Medium, Very firm)
~ Made in the USA
~ With its patented P shape design, the Grabber® features a "built-in" handle that makes it easy for the hand to hold.
~ While all surfaces can be chewed on, the long extension allows individuals to reach the back molar area where we do most of our chewing.
~ The Grabber® measures 5 inches lengthwise, just under 2 inches across the loop/handle, and half an inch thick.
~ Comes in 3 color-coded toughness levels for mild to moderate to avid chewing needs. Those with low oral tone / limited jaw strength can also start with the softest one and progress to the XT to gradually build jaw strength (XT is firmer and provides more resistance)
Comes with 3 different surfaces to chew on: one smooth, one with circular bumps, and one with rectangular bumps.
As a chew tool, sensory seekers LOVE the extra sensory input from the added texture.
They also help desensitize the mouth, decrease decrease oral defensiveness/aversions
ARK's Textured Grabber® is an oral motor chew tool with 3 different surfaces to chew on: one smooth, one with circular bumps, and one with rectangular bumps. As a chew tool, sensory seekers LOVE the extra sensory input from the added texture. As a feeding therapy tool, these textures simulate the feel of actual food for realistic non-food chewing practice.
They can also help desensitize the mouth, decrease decrease oral defensiveness/aversions, and transition individuals with sensory issues from puréed to textured foods.
Just like the original smooth Grabber, the Textured Grabber has an easy-to-hold loop and a long extension to reach the back molars. Use it as a safe alternative to chewing on one's hands, shirts, pencils, etc.
It can also be used as an oral motor therapy tool to practice biting/chewing skills without the risk of choking, build jaw strength and stability, and exercise the mouth muscles.
ARK's Textured Grabber® comes in 3 color-coded toughness levels:
- Soft / Standard (Red) - recommended for mild chewing, individuals with low oral tone, or individuals with limited jaw strength just learning to bite and chew. These are the softest ones with the most “squishiness” and “give” to them.
- XT / Medium Firm (Lime Green) - XT stands for "Xtra Tough." These are firmer, but still fairly chewy. Recommended for moderate chewers. Or, individuals working on building jaw strength can eventually "graduate" from the soft to the XT.
- XXT / Very Firm (Royal Blue) - XXT stands for "Xtra Xtra Tough." These are the most firm and provide the most resistance to the jaw. No chew tool is indestructible, but these are very tough / the longest lasting option for avid chewing. The Y-Chew XXT is usually the overall longest lasting chew for most avid chewers.
Made in the USA by ARK Therapeutic. Medical grade, FDA compliant, NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex. Exact color hues may vary slightly.
Our color-coded toughness level:
|ARK's Soft Textured Grabber® (Soft and chewy) - Beginner chewers||Recommended for beginner or mild chewers. These are the softest ones with the most “squishiness”.||3 different surfaces to chew on: one smooth, one with circular bumps, and one with rectangular bumps|
|ARK's XT Textured Grabber® (Medium) - Moderate chewers||These are firmer, but still fairly chewy. Recommended for moderate/medium chewers.||3 different surfaces to chew on: one smooth, one with circular bumps, and one with rectangular bumps|
|ARK's XXT Textured Grabber® (Very firm) - Aggressive chewers||XXT stands for "Xtra Xtra Tough." These are the most firm and provide the most resistance to the jaw||3 different surfaces to chew on: one smooth, one with circular bumps, and one with rectangular bumps|
This product is not a toy. Although these chew tools are sturdy and durable, no chew tool is indestructible. Wear/tear may be expected given the nature of the intended use. How long they last is typically equal to the amount and intensity of the chewing, as well as other variables (such as jaw strength, stress/anxiety levels, if other sensory strategies are in place, etc.).
While for some people a chew tool will last forever, for others with heavy/aggressive oral needs, they may go through it very quickly.
Please supervise at all times, regularly inspect the chew, and replace if necessary if the item shows signs of wear and tear.
1*ARK's Textured Grabber®